July 9th 2011 11:00am- 5:00pm
Tubman- Garrett Park (the riverfront)
Get your “arrrrr” on with this free event for scurvy folk (some activities carry fees).
- scavenger hunt
- tours aboard the Kalmar Nyckel ($5 adults, $3 child)
- face painting
- boat building ($5)
- photos with pirates
- build your own treasure chest ($4)
- balloon swords
- ornamental knot instruction
- pirate parade
- costume contests
- food vendors
- swashbucklin’ music
- free exhibits/ activities courtesy of the Delaware Children’s Museum, the Delaware Art Museum, the DuPont Environmental Education Center, and the Tri-State Bird Rescue
- Rocky Bluewinkle and assorted pirates will be roving about for photo ops, and
- there will be black powder demonstrations on the hour.
The Pirate theme continues with Pirate Night at the Blue Rocks. Game starts at 6:05, gates open at 5pm. Tickets can be purchased on their website or at the stadium.
Costume Contest Prizes:
- Best adult costume wins 4 tix to the Blue Rocks Pirate Night and throws out the ceremonial first pitch
- Best child costume also wins 4 tickets to Blue Rocks Pirate Night and calls out “Play Ball” to start the game
For directions and more info, check out the Wilmington Pirate Day event page.
so wish I was able to go. sounds like a fantastic time!!!
Hey just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The text in
your post seem to be running off the screen in Chrome. I’m not sure if this is a format issue or something to do with web browser compatibility but I thought I’d post to let you know.
The design and style look great though! Hope you get the
problem solved soon. Cheers
sklep gsm says
Since the admin of this website is working, no
uncertainty very quickly it will be well-known, due to its