It seems so early to be thinking about Thanksgiving, but I earned my first turkey feather buying groceries last night! DART is holding its 18th “Stuff The Bus” Delaware Thanksgiving Food Drive from November 10th- November 13th.
They are looking for nonperishable food donations as well as household products. For example:
- canned fruit and veggies, canned pumpkin
- boxed cereal
- juice or evaporated milk/shelf-stable milk
- sides like cranberry sauce, corn muffin mix, boxed mashed potatoes, gravy
- paper products, laundry detergents
The Newark location of the Food Bank of Delaware will distribute the donated food through its hunger-relief partners in Delaware. Last year, DART’s “Stuff The Bus” food drive stuffed two 30-foot buses and collected 9.7 tons of food for Delawareans in need.
“Stuff The Bus” 2015 will be collecting food at the following times/sites:
Tuesday, November 10th
- Walmart, 939 N. DuPont Highway in Milford 8am – 6pm
- Acme, North Dover Center in Dover 8am – 6pm
Wednesday, November 11th
- Acme, Fairfax Shopping Center, US 202 in Wilmington 8am – 5pm
Thursday, November 12th
- Rodney Square (Market Street side) in Wilmington 7am – 5pm
Friday, November 13th
- Rodney Square (Market Street side) in Wilmington 7am – 1pm
EAGLE 97.7 and COOL 101.3 will be broadcasting live all day on Tuesday, at both the Walmart in Milford and Acme in Dover. WJBR will broadcast from 11am to 1pm Thursday at Rodney Square.
Can’t make it to any of the “Stuff The Bus” collection sites? Donate directly to the Food Bank of Delaware (they take frozen turkeys too, at their Newark or Milford warehouses). Even better, organize your own Thanksgiving food drive; you can print out a shopping list flyer here and if you let me know in the comments or by tweeting @DelawareToDo, I’ll help spread the word.
photo via depositphoto