Find the Force is a global, pop-up augmented reality (AR) treasure hunt event taking place at Disney Stores and other locations nationwide on Force Friday II, September 1st.
Star Wars fans have been patient. Know one who is ready to commemorate the worldwide launch of new products inspired by Star Wars: The Last Jedi?
When fans shop at participating locations for those new The Last Jedi products—we’re talking 20,000 locations across 30 countries— they can battle against the dark side via augmented reality (the experience will be featuring Star Wars characters, including fan-favorites and new surprise additions from the film).
“Force Friday II is a major milestone in the countdown to Star Wars: The Last Jedi. Star Wars has always championed new technology, and we are excited that augmented reality will allow fans to experience the universe in a whole new way”
-Kathleen Kennedy, President of Lucasfilm
From September 1st through 3rd, fans can Find the Force by taking part in an AR treasure hunt. Here’s how it works:
- Download the Star Wars App, aka your one-stop-shop for all things Star Wars, or update to the latest version.
- Stop in at any one of the 20,000 participating retail locations, in person or online, to find a graphic that contains the Find the Force logo. These locations are Disney Stores, Petcos, Targets and more— peep the full list here.
- Scan the graphic using the Star Wars App to reveal an AR character who will appear in the room with you thanks to the magic of AR.
- Share your photos and videos on Twitter or Instagram using #FindtheForce and #Sweepstakes to be entered to win tickets to the Star Wars: The Last Jedi premiere in December (*fine print below*)
- Come back each day to reveal new characters: there will be 15 in total across the program’s three-day run.
Get more info about Find the Force, plus check out a how-to video at www.starwars.com/findtheforce.
Star Wars: The Last Jedi opens in theaters on December 15th, 2017!
*No Purchase Necessary. Enter sweepstakes between August 31, 2017 at 7:00 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”)/3:00 p.m. British Summer Time (“BST”) and September 4, 2017 at 2:59 a.m. PT/10:59 a.m. BST. Open to legal residents in 50 U.S. + D.C., Canada (excluding Quebec), Australia, United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, France, South Korea and Chile who are 18+ or the age of majority in their place of residence, whichever is older. Limit 15 entries per person. There is 1 Grand Prize available to be won (ARV: US $4,500). Grand Prize winner must travel to Los Angeles, California USA on or about December 12, 2017. Visit starwars.com/findtheforce. for Official Rules including details on how to enter, additional eligibility requirements, prize descriptions and limitations. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: The Walt Disney Company (Australia) Pty. Limited, Level 5, Chapel Street, South Yarra, Victoria 3141, Australia.