As part of a class action settlement, many of us have discount codes or vouchers good for 2 general admission tickets to select shows sitting in our Ticketmaster accounts. The list of events and redeemable codes were released today, but the Ticketmaster site is well nigh inaccessible due to volume.
I’m sharing the concerts at the BB & T Pavilion (the only local venue) below so you can plan ahead for when the site lets you in, and redeem your vouchers and discounts more quickly and easily. I’ve also listed some tips for making the most out of your outdoor concert!
First, you’ll need to access your codes, you can’t do anything without them. Enter the Ticketmaster microsite here to pull them up, then TAKE A SCREENSHOT or copy and paste somewhere else. That way, if that page crashes on you, you can still claim your tickets using your codes.
Then, you’ll have to find your concerts. They are listed by DATE, not venue, which is a pain. Once you select your tickets, the countdown starts; you’ll have a limited amount of time to finish your transaction.
The voucher codes are good for the FULL AMOUNT of your 2 general admission tickets. You will not have to pay the ($10.25 per ticket!) transaction fee.
The BB & T concerts listed:
- Sunday, July 3rd 7pm Steely Dan
- Tuesday, July 5th 7pm Radio 104.5 Presents Weezer And Panic! At The Disco
- Sunday July 10th 7pm Hall & Oates
- Tuesday, July 19th 7pm Mix 106 Presents: Gwen Stefani: This Is What the Truth Feels Like Tour
- Thursday, July 21st 7pm Duran Duran: The Paper Gods Tour with CHIC featuring Nile Rodgers
- Friday, July 22nd 8pm Ryan Adams and The Shining with Kurt Vile and the Violators
- Saturday, July 23rd 7pm Alabama Shakes With Special Guest Gary Clark Jr.
- Sunday, July 24th 6:30 pm Brandi Carlile with Old Crow Medicine Show & case/lang/veirs
- Wednesday, July 27th 6:30 pm Slipknot
- Sunday, July 31st 6:30 pm Heart with Joan Jett & The Blackhearts and Cheap Trick
- Friday, August 5th 7pm Merry Jane Presents Snoop Dogg & Wiz Khalifa: The High Road Tour
- Saturday, August 6th 6pm I Love The 90’s with Salt-N-Pepa, Vanilla Ice, Kid ‘N Play, Coolio, Color Me Badd, Young MC, All-4-One
- Wednesday, August 10th 6:45pm Counting Crows & Rob Thomas
- Saturday, August 13th 7pm Darius Rucker
- Friday, August 19th 7:30pm Black Sabbath: The End
- Saturday, August 20th 7pm Prophets of Rage – Make America Rage Again Tour
- Friday, August 26th 7:30pm Keith Urban – ripCORD World Tour 2016
- Friday, September 2nd 6:30pm Korn & Rob Zombie: Return Of The Dreads Tour 2016
- Thursday, September 8th 7:30pm Rascal Flatts – Rhythm & Roots Tour
Earlier today there were 450 events listed and now we are down to 443, and who knows when they will add more, so get ’em if you’ve got ’em!
We were just at the BB & T seeing the Violent Femmes and Florence & the Machine (among others). Some tips:
You can bring in one SEALED water bottle. If you forget, there’s a very nice vendor just outside. $3 for a bottle of water and a pretzel.
Alcohol is EXPENSIVE. However, you can get a frozen daiquiri or margarita with an extra shot for $20 that’s fairly potent.
They sell a jumbo bucket of crab fries at Chickie and Petes for $38. That may not seem like a lot of food for the money, but we split it among the five of us AND offered it to the people sitting around us and still didn’t come close to finishing it. Our mouths were all torn up the next day from all the salt, though.
You can bring in a lawn chair as long as the seat is less than 9 inches from the ground.
Cell signals are spotty at best thanks to all the people hopping on. If you have your own hotspot, bring it, if you want to do any livestreaming or heavy picture posting.
It can get surprisingly cool after dark, even on the hottest days! Bring a light sweater.
The men’s bathrooms have stalls with doors, ladies. In case of emergency.
The bathrooms get gross by the end of the night. Go early if you can.
Count on lots of traffic as you leave.