Stuff we want to do and food we wanna eat, as a family before summer’s end… how much will we get to cross off our list?
1. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2
2. dog park
3. bike on a trail
4. New York City
5. Franklin Institute
6. Philly Art Museum
7. Crime Museum in DC
8. Spy Museum in DC
9. a concert- doesn’t matter who, can be a local band as long as they’re good
10. Philly: The Game (text message scavenger hunt)
11. Phillies game
12. Blue Rocks game
14. pool (as in billiards)
15. dolphin cruise
16. Cherry Crest Adventure Farm
17. Delaware State Fair
18. any city we have not been to before
19. Half Moon wild game restaurant (for kangaroo burger comparison)
20. Melting Pot
21. Five Guys
22. Maiale for lunch (usually we buy the sausages at the farmer’s market & cook it ourselves)
23. movie theater
24. hike down to creek
25. see the wild ponies at Assateague
26. go to a water park
27. see Kristin’s chickens (family friend, she recently acquired 7 chickens)
28. see Judy Moody and the Not Bummer Summer
29. see The Zookeeper
30. see The Smurfs
31. miniature golf
33. Famous Dave’s
34. Mad-Macs again
35. go fishing
36. go camping
37. make homemade ice cream
38. visit the Delaware beaches
39. do a pick-your-own
40. go on a Full Moon Hike at White Clay Creek State Park
41. stay in a yurt
42. play kickball
43. play frisbee baseball
44. visit some new farmer’s markets
45. Longwood Gardens (the treehouses, specifically)
46. lunch on the Philadelphia Belle
47. Delaware Art Museum: to see the Perception/Deception exhibit, and the Crying Giant statue
48. some of the straight-up touristy stuff in Philly: Franklin Square and an Adventure Tour, maybe (followed by some Gino’s cheesesteaks). Basically, I need my picture taken with Ben Franklin.
49. the Delaware Great Parks Pursuit, and
50. the Delaware State Parks Trail Challenge.
All that is on top of our KaBOOM! Park-a-Day Challenge… we’ve got our play cut out for us 🙂
Happily a lot can be combined, and the DE park challenges run through the end of the year. Since we’re off to a late start, I’m gonna say we go until the official last day of summer, rather than just summer vacation.
What’s on your family summer bucket list?
Sounds like fun–all things I would love to spend my summer accomplishing… hopefully there are a lot of group-on deals for these activities as it could quickly become an expensive summer…especially with Mav’s expensive taste in food (aka melting pot). Maybe he would like a fondue pot for his birthday?
Robin Elton says
Actually, we already own a fondue pot 🙂 I’m guessing Mav will opt for the Melting Pot for his birthday dinner.
Nikki O says
Where is that Delaware pic from? Target?
Robin Elton says
Good eye… it’s outside the Target at the Christiana Mall 🙂
I love this idea of creating a specific list for just the summer. I have a Life List but I love the concept of keeping it to a certain time frame. The ideas are great also. Now I want to go make some homemade ice cream. Yummy, maybe add some strawberries in it 😉