You get an extra hour this weekend: use it wisely! Here are our top Delaware To-Dos for this weekend, November 4th through the 6th.
For many, many more events in Delaware and beyond, take a look at our event calendar. You can filter by cost, venue and time of day.
Things to Do in Delaware,
November 4th – 6th
Pick-your-own season is in full swing! Here’s where to go apple picking in the area.
The first weekend of the month is always a great time to visit local museums at a discount:
- Bank of America cardholders get free general admission to more than 150 museums nationwide the first full weekend (Sat and Sun) of the month with the Museums on Us program.
- Admission to the Brandywine River Museum of Art is free on the first Sunday of the month. This Sunday is Ahoy! Pirate Adventure Day: create pirate-themed crafts, hunt for art treasures in the museum, meet the Pirates of Fortune’s Folly, experience “Storytime Peter Pan” presented by Hedgerow Theatre and sing along with folk musician Rick Spencer.
- Admission to the Delaware Art Museum is free all day Sunday, and Thursdays from 4 – 8pm.
- Access the Philadelphia Museum of Art at any price (even a penny!) from 10am to 5pm on the first Sunday of the month.
- The Barnes Foundation offers free admission and programs on the first Sunday of every month. Tickets are limited and cannot be reserved in advance; they’re available on site starting at 9 am.
- Admission to the Rockwood Museum is also free on the first Sunday of the month.
November 5th through 13th, see mesmerizing Wands and Wishes Mermaids dive in the 760,000-gallon Ocean Realm exhibit and appear in the “panoramic” window. Meet and greet with a Mermaid, pose for photos, receive a Mermaid keepsake autograph and even interact with pirates. Included with Aquarium admission or Membership.
The Mini Maker Faire at Barnes & Noble on Saturday and Sunday brings together tech enthusiasts, crafters, educators, engineers, science club members, students, entrepreneurs, hobbyists and Makers of all kinds to learn from each other, get craft ideas and science fair project ideas, hear the experts, and work on projects.
At the theater:
- An Ideal Husband: Oscar Wilde’s wickedly funny take on society, politics and relationships at the Wilmington Drama League.
- Neil Simon’s Plaza Suite at Clear Space Theater Company
- Peter and the Starcatcher, Seussical, Love Song Cabaret at The Everett Theatre
FREE recycling and shredding event sponsored by the Delaware Solid Waste Authority and held at the UD STAR Campus rain or shine.
Compete or spectate at Cape Henlopen State Park all weekend long!
First State Heritage Park recreates the sights and sounds of the autumn market fairs held in Dover in the mid-1700s. Free fun for the whole family, with living history, trades & craft demonstrators, animals and more.
Join Urban Bike Project for a family friendly 12.5 mile out and back along the Northern Delaware Greenway past some of Wilmington’s most scenic areas. Shuttle service will be provided for those wishing to end the ride at Bellevue State Park for a 6.25 mile ride. A rest stop featurs a camp fire, s’mores and hot apple cider, music and games. Tickets to the After Party include two free beers, food, music and raffle items. Kids ride free with a registered parent/guardian.
Lace up your LA Gears, slap on your bracelets and saddle up your Furbies. You’ll get a signature bar crawl cup, drink specials at participating bars, 90s music with 90s kids.
A musical journey through the music of the 80’s top recording artists at World Cafe Live at The Queen.
8th grade students and their families are invited to tour the historical high school campus, meet the teachers and coaches, discover the career areas, and see all that Howard High School of Technology has to offer.
Join Congregation Beth Shalom, Delaware Humane Society and Concord Pet Foods and Supplies for a Community Day Animal Celebration. Animal blessing followed by “Ask the Vet,” discounted pet vaccinations, adoptable pets and Dollar (Hot) Dogs. Free and open to the community.
Fans can meet Flyers players at the Wells Fargo Center and receive autographs and photos. There will also be interactive games against players, shots on goal, a 60-ft Ferris Wheel and Carousel at center ice.
Playing at Cinemark Christiana and Regal Brandwine (will play again on November 9th).
What’s your plan this weekend?