Recreation of the Battle of the Brandywine, one battle in the pivotal Philadelphia Campaign of 1777.
Brandywine Creek State Park
41 Adams Dam Rd
Wilmington DE 19807
September 25th 9am- 4pm and September 26th 9am-3pm
Troops face off and fight over American independence at 1:30pm each day (Battle demonstration)
Immerse yourself in history come to life. More than 1,000 historical re-enactors from New Hampshire to South Carolina are participating.
- British and Continental soldiers will perform military drills, field music, cavalry demonstrations and artillery drills on both days.
- On Saturday, there will be a court martial in the park’s pavilion followed by a living history presentation.
- On Sunday, there will be a Church Call at the pavilion at 10 a.m. followed by a memorial service for long-time park historian, Lee Jennings. Jennings was the inspiration for the award-winning living history programs that are offered throughout Delaware State Parks.
- Ongoing programs about the life of a soldier, 18th-century medicine, children’s games, discussions and more will also take place in the pavilion, as well as a ladies’ social.
- Merchants, or “sutlers,” will bring items for sale from food to clothing and other accessories.
- Historical interpreters dressed in authentic clothing will be on hand throughout the park to answer questions.
- A working camp kitchen will be in the Continental Camp with kitchen cooks available to answer questions about what soldiers ate during the 18th century.
In August 1777, British General Howe landed at the northernmost spot in the Chesapeake Bay and marched toward Philadelphia. After a skirmish with the Continental forces at what is now Cooches Bridge, the British continued their march and clashed with George Washington at the Battle of the Brandywine on September 11, 1777. After defeating Washington, the British marched into Philadelphia. The Battle of Cooch’s Bridge was the only Revolutionary War battle to take place on Delaware soil.
Tickets are $15 per car, per day. Delaware State Parks Annual Pass holders will receive a $2 discount. Two-day tickets may be purchased in advance, by Thursday, Sept. 21, for $25. Two-day ticket holders will also receive VIP parking in a lot adjacent to the event.
Application improvement on Samsung Galaxy provides the following benefits.
I always say it was with my first samsung galaxy it was built, Black
Berry Style 9670 official as of this writing, Black Berry would re-enter the market if and
when the time occurs. Rush and get yourself one.
PerthWA Food Allergy testing says
It’s in fact very complex in this full of activity life to listen news on Television, therefore I just use the web for that purpose, and get the hottest news.
I think this is among the most vital information for me.
And i’m glad studying your article. However should observation on
some common issues, The web site style is wonderful, the articles is actually great :
D. Excellent task, cheers