Thomas the Tank Engine’s rolling along…
right into the station at Strasburg Rail Road!
June 18th-26th, 2011
Strasburg Rail Road, 301 Gap Road, Ronks PA 17572-9566
Go for a train ride in historic Strasburg (through Amish country) on a passenger car pulled by a life-size Thomas the Tank Engine steam locomotive. Have your picture taken with Sir Topham Hatt. Do Thomas-themed art & crafts and shop a HUGE variety of Thomas merchandise.
Because if you have a kid of a certain age, that kid loves Thomas the Tank Engine. And TRUST ME, I have learned from experience that kid will go OUT OF THEIR MIND with excitement at the sight of Thomas chugging down the track!!
Tickets are $18 for ages 2 and up, or $25 when coupled with a coach ride on the Strasburg. Click here to buy tickets.
- Leave yourself plenty of travel time (in case you get stuck behind a horse and buggy). If you’re going on a weekend, add in time to find parking.
- PRINT OUT directions. My GPS signal was spotty at best.
- Pack a picnic lunch; there are several picnic areas available.
- Decide ahead of time exactly how much $$ you want to spend on Thomas memorabilia. There is a lot to choose from.
- Wear sunscreen. There is not a whole lot of shade available at the station.
- Consider visiting nearby Cherry Crest Adventure Farm (figure in at least an hour for the corn maze, that’s how long it took us WITH HELP), the Railroad Museum (full size locomotives) across the street, and/or the Choo Choo Barn (huge miniature train display) just down the road. All have earned our hearty approval!
If you have the time or inclination, I posted a lengthy account of our trip to the railroad here.
Kids indeed amazingly love Thomas and his friends. Experiencing just a few minutes of ride on this train will be remarkable. This is a perfect weekend getaway for your family.