The Adventure Aquarium is a visual and educational treat for kids of all ages! We recently had the chance to visit and rediscover the aquarium as part of a media day (you can read all about the day’s events complete with photos here).
The BIG thing to see this summer at the Adventure Aquarium is Mighty Mike. Rescued from an order to be destroyed after being declared a nuisance in Florida, Mike now travels the country as an ambassador for the American Alligator.
Mike is almost 14ft long (longer than most cars!) and about 800 pounds; he’s thought to be around 50 years old. He can swallow a whole turkey in one gulp. Go eyeball to eyeball with this ginormous survivor until Labor Day 2013.
More reasons to visit the Adventure Aquarium this summer:
- The largest shark collection on the East Coast: 15 species, 60 sharks total.
- The ONLY Great Hammerheads in the country.
- Hippos. Nuff said.
- SpongeBob SquarePants 4-D: The Great Jelly Rescue for only $3 more.
- Casanova the baby African Penguin!
- KidZone, a new “playground under the sea”
- Air conditioning. My phone says heatwave this week. One ticket gets you all day cool air, just sayin’.
- Extended summer hours until 7pm on the weekends. Your excuse is invalid.
- 2013 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence. Don’t trust us? Whatevs. This award says the Adventure Aquarium is in the top 10% of all TripAdvisor businesses worldwide.
There are a TON of cool things to see at the Adventure Aquarium. We managed to narrow it down to our top “Must See”s— click the button below to print it out and have yourself a little scavenger hunt!
Tickets are $24.95 for adults and $17.95 for kids ages 2-12, you can buy them here. They also offer a $5 military discount and special prices when coupled with Ride the Ducks or CityPass.
Camden Adventure Aquarium
1 Riverside Drive
Camden, NJ 08103